Login

KCC Minutes April 19

PRESENT:) Brian Tester (Convenor), Janet Holm (Secretary), Russell Humphreys (Treasurer), Graham Revill and Mandy Grout.

Also Present:  Councillor A Reid, PC Claire Hendry, PC Dave Burton, Andrew Patterson, Kirsty Manual and Les Orr (residents).

APOLOGIES: Diane Nicholson (Vice Convenor), Victor Sandall, Fraser Smith, Dale Mallin, Lachie Macquarie, Bob Daracott (National Park), PC Donald MacKay, Isobel Brown (Blairmore Hall), Councillor Y McNeilly and Councillor G. Blair.

2.         DECLARATION OF INTEREST:none

3.         MINUTES OF LAST MEETING:

Proposed:        Russell Humphreys

Seconded: Brian Tester    Carried

4.         MATTERS ARISING NOT ON THE AGENDA

None

5.         TREASURER’S REPORT

Brought Forward                                 3565.51

Expenditure  -                                   

                        

Income

Interest                                                       0.40    

Totals 

General fund                                       1198,93

Gardening                                             111.10

Festive Lunch                                       199.53

SSE grant                                            2045.87

Directory donations                                   7.00

Overall total                                      3565.95

POLICE REPORT

Donald Mackay was not present at the meeting but PC Claire Hendry and PC Dave Burton gave the following report

There were 13 incidents since the last meeting and no crime reports. There had been a complaint about trail bikes at the arboretum. The police could find no trace but extra attention will be given to the area. 

BT reported that a plastic strip had been removed from the flower rowing boat at Graham’s point using a sharp object. Close attention will be given to this area. 

7          Correspondence

NP have published a draft Trees and Woodland Strategy for public consultation and we would like to hear your views.  The consultation is open for eight weeks from today (Monday 8th April 2019) and will close at 5pm on Monday 3rd June 2019. Mandy to do

Email from Secretary of Strachur Community Council. About monitoring speed limits

ABC - Celebrate CCs throughout April – showcasing the work of community Councils

ABC - Consultation on Draft Revised Guidance for Licensing Boards 

ABC - You are warmly invited to Planning Democracy's upcoming conference entitled People Powered Planning: Putting Communities on the Front Foot at Trades Hall in Glasgow on Saturday 11th May 10am - 4.30pm.  Victor

: ABC - Resilient Communities Conference 2019 - 11 September

Clyde regional Marine Plan Pre consultation draft meeting in Greenock and Inverkip.Janet and Mandy

8          Planning Applications

The following planning application has been submitted to LLTNP.

Retrospective amendment to listed building consent 2018/0143/LBC for replacement roof  - The Courtyard Benmore Estate Benmore 

The Kilmun Pier application 

See Bob Daracott’s report.

Ardtaraig Windfarm

See Alan’s report. 

9.         Community Matters

The Shore Sweepers

The Shore Sweepers have undertaken the following work from their list  

Beach cleans have been done at Gairletter, Blairmore, Strone Pier and Graham’s Point. A beach clean is to be done at Ardentinny beach on Saturday 13thApril

The land on the seaward side at the Strone/Blairmore sign has been cleared of brambles etc. and burned. 

Poppies and cornflower and other wild flowers have been sown at Strone Brae garden 

The recycling area Kilmun the compost has been renewed and the wooden tub replanted.

The sensory Garden at Invereck has been tidied and weedkiller put on the path.

S Rule and J Holm visited Strone Primary when they were having visit from GRAB

Questions were asked about the rubbish at the back of Invereck Care Home. We will try and find out about this. 

Defibrillator at Younger Hall Kilmun 

Brian Tester has received expressions of interest in the defibrillator training.

10.       DISCUSSIONS A&BC LOCAL COUNCILLOR AND NATIONAL PARK REPRESENTATIVE

Alan Reid Councillor for ABC gave the following report:

Sorry I missed the last meeting, but all Cowal Councillors were invited to Holyrood to meet Paul Wheelhouse MSP, the Minister responsible for the Dunoon-Gourock ferry service. Nothing new came out of the meeting. The Minister is adamant the new services will be passenger only. He does plan to place an order for replacement passenger vessels, but wants to consult with the local community before deciding the specification for these. He will be visiting Dunoon on 16 April

Work has started at long last on the pavement between Invereck and Cot House.

The Planning Application for the windfarm at Ardtaraig was refused at the Public Hearing in the Queen’s Hall. The developer has the right to appeal to the Scottish Government.

I noted the mention in the last minute about the vegetation spreading onto pavements. Alan noted the areas identified as needing attention.

Community Councillors described the areas needing most attention; basically, the verges and pavements along the shore from Blairmore to Kilmun need urgent attention, as shown to Alan by BT some months ago. If the verges are not cleared, as already in evidence in some areas, inevitable damage is occurring/will continue to occur and will therefore cost a considerable sum to repair. Please note that ABC promised to undertake this work ‘in the autumn’ (past already).

 

Bob Daracott (National Park),

Bob reported that 

- As regards the Western Ferries application, Alison Williamson from the NP informs me that the agents for WF will be submitting a 3D visualisation model and some updated drawings next week. These, of course will be made available on the Park's web site/planning portal. 

- No other significant Planning issues to record. 

- The NP has, this week, launched its 2 month consultation on the Trees and Woodland Strategy - no doubt they will be in contact about this. Staff are also proposing a presentation and Q&A on 6th May and drop in session on the 10th May at the HQ building in Balloch. More information about this is available from landmanagement@lochlomond-trossachs.org

- The devolution process relating to forestry activity and management was formally completed on 1st April. With, Scottish Forestry replacing the Commission and, Forestry and Land Scotland (the commercial arm of the organisation) replacing Forest Enterprises.  

- I was asked, by Kirsty, to look into the possibility of a new NP sign on the site adjacent the old Fairy Queen Pier on Loch Eck - the site has been subjected to a degree of vandalism recently. A new sign - advising about camping rules/codes and referring to ranger/police patrols can be provided - through Matt Buckland the NP's Visitor Operations Manager. 

It is fair to say that there doesn't seem to be much enthusiasm or funding available to take the Community Action Plan 2018 – 2023 forward at this stage. As you know these projects were developed with support from the Community Partnership team - who's focus and activity seems to be changing (at the request of the NP, their core funders) towards more strategic fund raising activities. 

The Park being of the view that, in this climate of reducing/tightening budgets, the Partnership should become a bit more self sustaining - hence much effort is being put into 'external funding' work. That said, I believe the Partnership does have some money and time available for Local Action Plan work this year and I wait to find out how this is to be allocated. I've joined the Partnership Board and the first meeting I'll attend is scheduled for 25th April - I'll have a better understanding of where we are at that time. 

In addition, the NP Planning staff is awaiting the outcome of the new Planning Bill - which will hopefully achieve consent later this year. It's likely this will impose a requirement for planning authorities to prepare 'Place Plans' (something similar to LAPs - though the detailed requirement is yet specified). There seems little point on funding new work and local activity of this nature (which might ultimately be superseded) until the new Bill is passed. 

All in all, I would say that it is very unlikely that a new Local Action Plan for this area will be supported during the short/mid term. 

Benmore & Kilmun Community Development Trust (BKCDT) 

Next meeting is on 20thMay @ 7.30 @ Uig Hall. Minutes not available from previous meeting.

B Tester had a meeting with A McGregor from ACHA. J Holm of BKCDT was not available at that time. The outcome of this meeting was very positive. As ACHA own the land at Graham’s Point they have said that they have an on-going commitment to ensure that the grass is cut and the common areas maintained to an acceptable standard consistent with ACHA’s current play parks They said that

ACHA is committed to working with the local community to realise the full potential of this valuable community asset

They recognise that the Association wants to work with the local community recognising that the Benmore and Kilmun Community Development Trust and the Community Council are relevant stakeholders.  

They have offered to get the play equipment safety checked and they are going to replace the football nets. Checks are going to be made on the trees roots growing in to the sea wall. They have also said that if there are ideas that come forward from the local community that ACHA can support we will work with you whenever we can.

Blairmore Village Trust (BVT)

GH said that the Trust met on the previous day but as he was not at the meeting he had no updates. 

Communities and Service Manger (Argyll Forest Park)

No report, 

Younger Hall 

RH said that there was only one window still to be refurbished. All the windows have been repaired. The hall has new lighting. The cross over switch for the electricity still has to be done. 

Blairmore Hall 

Since the last KCC report the Trustees have been working on the development of a new constitution with the support and guidance from Samantha Stubbs of Third Sector Interface.  We are at the stage of applying to OSCR to become a SCIO 1 and are preparing documentation necessary for the Constitution.   We are inviting all Hall Users and Blairmore Residents to our AGM on Sunday 19thMay at 2.00 pm in the Hall. 

At this there will be an update on our progress and an outline of our plans for the coming year. It is our intention in the coming months to develop a subcommittee of interested parties to work on the much needed refurbishment of the hall.  

We have also been working on changes to our administration systems and user groups will be informed of these as soon as they are in place. 

We would like to thank KCC for help in acquiring Parking Management cones from ABC. They are now stored in the Garage and available for use by groups hosting events.  Double yellow Lines on the road between the Hall and the brow of the hill are still what we would prefer and will continue to campaign for this.

UIg Hall

No report, but all the dates for events in the hall have been added to the collaborative calendar.,

11.       Community Action Plan 2018 - 2023

See Bob Daracott report.

12.       CURRENT ISSUES

Argyll Community Planning Group (ACPG)

NTR

Caucus of Community Councils

An emergency meeting of the caucus was to be held to meet with Joanna MacDonald re health. The residents and committee members did not express concern for our community councils to attend. 

Bird Hide at Kilmun

No Change. Still waiting for charity info to come through.

A880 Walkway & Safety Barrier, Pavement Invereck to Cot House

This work is now being done. Keeping item on the agenda until it is completed. 

Cemetery Toilet

NTR

Highgate Hall

NTR

BT Broadband

NTR

13.       Any other competent business

Review of Ferry Provision – add to agenda next month.

NTR – Lachie not at meeting and also see Councillor Reid’s report. 

Travel Survey

J H attended a meeting of the Travel Survey which was facilitated by Dunoon Community Council This is being led by Sustrans and ABC who are looking at ways that the provision of cycling and walking provision can be improved. The Scottish Government has doubled the budget for this provision in Scotland. The questions in the survey were discussed with the committee and residents present and a response put in by Kilmun Community Council

Next Meeting and AGM

Place: Younger Hall, Kilmun

Date: Tuesday 14th May at 7.30pm. 

site map | cookie policy | privacy policy | accessibility statement