Login

May 2019

           KILMUN COMMUNITY COUNCIL

Facebook - @shoresweepersandKCC        Website - www.kilmuncc.co.uk

MINUTES OF MEETING

14th May 2019 held at Younger Hall, Kilmun 7.30PM.

PRESENT:) Brian Tester (Convenor), Diane Nicholson (Vice Convenor), Janet Holm (Secretary), Russell Humphreys (Treasurer), Graham Revill, Victor Sandall, Fraser Smith, Dale Mallin, Lachie Macquarie, and Mandy Grout.

Also Present:  Councillor A Reid, Bob Darracott (National Park), Bruce Marshall, Gordon Holm, Helen Giles (residents).

APOLOGIES: PC Donald MacKay Isobel Brown (Blairmore Hall), Councillor Y McNeilly and Councillor G. Blair. Andrew Patterson, Kirsty Manual (residents).

2.         DECLARATION OF INTEREST: none

3.         MINUTES OF LAST MEETING:

Proposed:       Russell Humphreys

Seconded: Brian Tester          Carried

4.         MATTERS ARISING NOT ON THE AGENDA

None

5.         TREASURER’S REPORT

Brought Forward                                  3565.95

Expenditure  -

Donation                                              20.00

Stationary                                            12.20

Domain name (3 years )                     68.00

Gardening (Shore Sweepers0            37.80

Kilmun Hall                                          112.00

Blairmore Hall                                       96.00

Income

Totals

General fund                                       1199.37

Gardening                                             14.18

Shore Sweepers                                 100.00

Festive Lunch                                       199.53

SSE grant                                           2045.87

Directory donations                                   7.00

Overall total                                       3565.95

POLICE REPORT

Donald Mackay was not present at the meeting and presented no report.

Victor highlighted that he had on a couple of occasions seen trail bikes going down the road. JH said that matters, which were breaking the law, could be reported to the police directly using the 111 number. JH to give the committee Donald’s email address so that committee members can report directly to Donald with matters that are relevant to our area’s policing.

7          Correspondence

ACHA COMMUNITY ACTION GROUP - ACHA’s Community Action Fund

Email return re  complaint from JH about walkway at The Old School house being unfinished ( for several Year)

ABC - 75th Anniversary of VE Day celebration - a year from today - Our celebration, VE Day 75, will cover the weekend of 8th - 10th May 2020, and will be an international celebration of peace – a time to remember, reflect and pay tribute to the millions who played such a vital part in achieving it.

The planned activities over the weekend are as follows:

The Playing of Battle's O'er & VE 75 Years

The Nation's Toast to the Heroes of WW2

The Cry for Peace, around the World

Churches & cathedrals Ringing out for Peace

Street parties and parties in pubs, clubs, Hotels, on town and village greens and in halls etc

Services of commemoration and celebration in churches, including the reading of the Tribute to the Millions and the playing of the Last Post

Community Members required for Locality Planning Groups in Argyll and Bute - The original date to register an interest or nominate community members has been extended from 3rd May to 17th May 2019. 

Community Partnership - Village Halls! Growing Enterprising Communities event 18th May 2019, Arrochar Cancelled>

Cowal Transport Forum is scheduled for: - Monday, 17 June 2019 at 10.00am. - Timber Pier Building, Dunoon Items for agenda by Tuesday 21st May 2019. Question about grit on road

Community Access to sanitary products - We have put together a survey to ask people their thoughts on locations and what is important to them about the types of products that are available.- The survey is available online:https://www.esurveycreator.co.uk/s/1e439ac

TRAINING OPPORTUNITY - ENGAGING WITH COMMUNITIES -  training on “Engaging with Communities” in each of the 4 decentralised areas.

Short-Term Lets: Consultation - The consultation closes on 19th July 2019. If there are any questions, please email shorttermlets@gov.scot

Bear Scotland - Planned Maintenance Programme 1920 - Information Letter

Community Partnership - Invitation to the Cowal Area Network & BBQ 15TH MAY 7PM

Invitation for Kilmun Community Council | 4th Annual Tackling Loneliness Forum

Dunoon Alliance - Cycling-friendly Dunoon - Join the conversation

8          Planning Applications

The following planning application has been submitted to LLTNP.

Extension to dwelling and formation of raised timber deck in retrospect (deck only in retrospect) –2 Nursery Cottages Kilmun Argyll And Bute - Approved

Retrospective amendment to listed building consent 2018/0143/LBC for replacement roof  - The Courtyard Benmore Estate Benmore - Approved

The Kilmun Pier application

NTR

Ardtaraig Windfarm

See Alan’s report.

People Powered Planning: Putting Communities on the Front Foot at Trades Hall in Glasgow on Saturday 11th May

Victor attended this meeting on behalf of KCC. The documentation he received can be passed round the committee.

9.         Community Matters

The Shore Sweepers

The Shore Sweepers have organised to begin working with the school to produce a brochure. Some blackcurrent bushes have been planted at Grahams’ Point and the Younger Hall were given some help withcuting their grass.

Defibrillator at Younger Hall Kilmun

Brian Tester is in the process of arranging further training for basic first aid and defibrillator use, so please, volunteer if you can, for the training. It only takes a few hours, and you will be amazed at how much confidence such training (from a great instructor) can give you!

The code for the new defib cabinet is 0000

Training will take place in the next few weeks. Dates available to be explored.

10.       DISCUSSIONS A&BC LOCAL COUNCILLOR AND NATIONAL PARK REPRESENTATIVE

Alan Reid Councillor for ABC gave the following report:

Dunoon-Gourock Ferry

The Minister, Paul Wheelhouse, came to Dunoon on 16 April and held various meetings. I attended one of them. He said the new ferries will definitely be passenger only and the consultation was about the design of the ferries.

I reminded him that the MVA report commissioned by the Scottish Government in 2013 had said the replacement ferries must be at least 40m long in order to achieve the same reliability as the streakers, less than one sailing in 200 cancelled. He did not seem convinced, but promised to look into this.

A working group, of Scottish Government and Council officials, is looking at what improvements are required to the shore infrastructure at both Dunoon and Gourock.

Ardtaraig Wind Farm

The developers, Infinergy, have until 26 June to submit an appeal. Their website says that they will “review the Council’s comments and determine whether or not to take the project forwards via the Appeals process”. 

Weeds growing on pavements and grit on the road and pavement

No reply from Roads despite two reminders. Will continue to chase this up.

Bob Daracott (National Park),

Bob reported that there had been no movement in the Application By Western Ferries and Kilmun Pier.

The NP had been liaising re the Argyll Rally though Glenbranter.

The local development planning had been stopped and will depend on the Scottish Government Planning bill which is due to be published in the Autumn.

The National Park have a grant scheme application which has to be submitted by the 3rd June.

There is a small capital grant fro the planting of trees.

There was a public meeting in Ardentinny re the proposed fish farm

50,000 objects had been received against the Loch Lomond planning application (Flamingo land).

Benmore & Kilmun Community Development Trust (BKCDT)

Next meeting is on 20th May @ 7.30 @ Uig Hall. Minutes not available from previous meeting.

Blairmore Village Trust (BVT)

Meeting of the trust is next Monday. NTR.

Agnes is going to hold a car boot sale to raise funds for the trust.

Communities and Service Manger (Argyll Forest Park)

NTR.

Younger Hall

Replacement windows have all been done

The front door to be restored in the next year

The badminton club is going to continue to meet throughout the summer.

Blairmore Hall

Blairmore hall held their AGM on Sunday 12th May when 40 people attended. At their first meeting the new committee is as follows:

Chair: Sue Rule

Secretary: Jeannie Christie

Treasurer Bryan Shewry with assistance from Catherine Rae 

Bookings Sec: Jim King

Bowls Club: Frank Stephenson

Art Club: Barry Thomson

Hub: Pat Lynn

Community Reps: Emily Wallace, Catherine Rae and Victor Sandall

Bridge Club: Florence Fletcher.

The committee plan to undertake major renovations to the hall.

UIg Hall

NTR

11.       Community Action Plan 2018 - 2023

See Bob Daracott report.

12.       CURRENT ISSUES

Argyll Community Planning Group (ACPG)

NTR

Caucus of Community Councils

Diane and Janet attended the last caucus meeting, which wholly concentrated on the NHS. The caucus of community Councils plane to have a meeting with Joanna Macdonald to discuss concerns raised.

Bird Hide at Kilmun

The Friends of Riverbank Hide are now an incorporated charity and company. They were successful in receiving a grant for £500 from ABC sustainability fund. Gordon Holm attended a meeting of the Broxburn Hide committee and agreed to keep them informed of our progress..

A880 Walkway & Safety Barrier, Pavement Invereck to Cot House

GH raised concern that a section of the pavement would not be completed right to the end at Sheilas Dinner. Alan Reid with check that this is to be done.

Cemetery Toilet

NTR

Highgate Hall

NTR

BT Broadband

NTR

13.       Any other competent business

Clyde Marine Regional Planning Consultation Marine Planning

JH said that she had attended the marine planning consultation at the Burgh Hall. KCC will put in a response to this, as will Brice and Gordon Holm. Residents are to be encouraged to put in a reponse to this document before the cut off date of the 31st May. To respond to this consultation you need to create an account with the partnership at https://www.clydemarineplan.scot/marine-planning/consultations/ and you can submit you comments there.

Pucks Glen closure

Discussion about the lack of information from FCS about the closure of Pucks Glen. Bob Darracott to find out request for a senior contact in forestry to write to about this as it is a top tourist attraction in this area.

Land at side of Strone primary

Fraser said the parents have been clearing the ground adjacent to the school in preparation for an outdoor learning area.

Summer Recess

KCC committee agreed to not have a meeting in July to coincide with the ABC summer recess.

Next Meeting

Place: Blairmore Hall, Blairmore

Date: Tuesday 11th June at 7.30pm.

Meetings held Second Tuesday each month alternating between Younger & Blairmore Halls.

Kilmun Hall – January, March, May, September, November

Blairmore Hall – February, April, June, August, October, December

                                                                

Click for Map
site map | cookie policy | privacy policy