Login

October 2019

 

           KILMUN COMMUNITY COUNCIL

Facebook - @shoresweepersandKCC        Website - www.kilmuncc.co.uk

MINUTES OF MEETING

8th October 2019 held at Blairmore Hall, Kilmun 7.30PM.

 

PRESENT: Diane Nicholson (Vice Convenor), Janet Holm (Secretary) Victor Sandall and Mandy Grout and Graham Revill

Also Present:  Councillor A Reid, Bob Daracott (National Park), PC Ross Hardie, Bruce Marshall, Graham and Jean Thompson, Gordon Holm and Barbara Hunter Douglas.

APOLOGIES Brian Tester, (Convener), Russell Humphreys (Treasurer), Dale Mallin,  Fraser Smith, Lachie Macquarie, John Hair (FLS) Councillor Y McNeilly, Councillor G. Blair, Caroline Munro and Lorraine Hopkin Munro

2.         DECLARATION OF INTEREST: none

3.         MINUTES OF LAST MEETING:

Proposed:  Diane Nicholson

Seconded: Gordon Holm        Carried

4.         MATTERS ARISING NOT ON THE AGENDA

None

5.         TREASURER’S REPORT

Totals

General fund                                       931.19

Gardening                                             34.18

Shore Sweepers                                 42.20

Festive Lunch                                   199.53

SSE grant                                       1090.92

Directory donations                              7.00

Overall total                                   2305.02

Interest added of .38

These have been reconciled as to date.

Need to change name on cheque for Shore Sweepers £100 in order for it  to be put into our account.

Money from A&BC still due for last years payment.

Current items due to be paid:   £35 from Festive lunch and £9 from Shore Sweepers.

POLICE REPORT

PC Ross Hardie reported that there had been 17 incidents (9 for Blairmore and 8 from Kilmun)

 and 1 crime report which was for assault.

There were information appeals on scan emails saying they have come from banks. Reminder for the public not to give out their bank details in emails saying it is from their bank.

Report of an abandoned car – abandonment notice will be put on vehicle for 2 weeks. If owner doesn’t return the vehicle will be put to scrap.

Resident asked about amount of caravans parked at West Bay car park in Dunoon. There is no traffic regulation against that at present.

PC Hardie said that provision is being made by Police Scotland for possible increase in violence in relation to Brexit.

JH asked what the law is relating to garden rubbish etc  being put onto the sea. JH to email PC Hardie with details.

7          Correspondence (Already circulated to committee members)

ABC –Argyll and Bute Council's Supporting Communities Fund 2020/21 -  The Closing Date for applications is Friday 6th December 2019 for a decision by March 2020. 

Community Payback Order - partner consultation - Should you wish to take part in the consultation please email the questionnaire and your comments directly to the Criminal Justice Team.

Community Reserve Volunteers - The presentation by the Red Cross and information as to how to join up.

Planning Skills Webinar: Planning (Scotland) Act - upcoming Planning Skills Webinar on 17th October 2019

Several emails re the Gourock Linkspan

PC Laura Evans - The Meeting Place - Mental Health Support – Police Scotland

Consultation on The Principles of a Local Discretionary Transient Visitor Levy or Tourist Tax

Planning Applications

None

The Kilmun Pier application

NTR – National Park are still waiting for the details that they have requested.

Ardtaraig Wind Farm

A decision is to be given on the 16th November 2019.

9.         Community Matters

The Shore Sweepers

The Shore Sweepers received a sponsorship of £100 from Western Ferries.

The received Level 5 outstanding with a score of 90% from the Its Your Neighbour Hood Awards. Representatives will attend the IYH award ceremony on the 30th October in Stirling.

The Shore Sweepers are planning to apply to the ABC sustainability Fund.

The Festive Lunch

The Festive Lunch is planned for Thursday 12th December @ Younger Hall Kilmun. Publicity is to go out shortly with more details. Planning is well under way with co operation with Ardentinny Community Council.

Defibrillator at Younger Hall Kilmun

Training was held on the 21st September @ Younger Hall. 14 residents attended and it was considered that the training was good.

Resident asked about whether there was register of the location of defibrillators. This is being debated at present in the Scottish Parliament.

10.       DISCUSSIONS A&BC LOCAL COUNCILLOR AND NATIONAL PARK REPRESENTATIVE

Alan Reid Councillor for ABC gave the following report:

Blairmore between village centre and Crescent - hedges etc overgrowing

Roads response, dated 3 October,

“The local roads inspector is checking the area and will letter the properties asking that they have the offending scrub cut back. There are a number of abandoned properties where, if we cannot identify the owners, we will have to undertake to cut back the scrub ourselves. Where we have served notice, the property owners are afforded 28 days within which they are required to take action and should they fail to do so we will serve a follow up notice giving another 14 days before taking action ourselves and recharging those property owners. Letters should be issued by the end of this week.” (3rd October )

White line on Road outside Strone Inn and Tyneshandon

Thanks to Gordon for the photos.

Roads response, “Judging by the age of the road marking and carriageway surface, this has been installed over 10 years ago by the Council.”

Councillor Reid to reply that the line appeared in the last year.

Tree near old police station

Amenity Services report that the tree has been treated.

Ardtaraig

The date for announcing the outcome has been put back to 16 November

Damage to pavements

Thanks to Gordon and Victor for the photos of the damage to the pavements that became evident after the machine had removed weeds. Sent to Roads.  Their response was,

“Similar to cemetery maintenance, there have been a number of absences within the refuse collection team which resulted in an operational decision being made to focus on refuse collection and burials rather than street cleansing. It is unfortunate that this operational decision had not been communicated at the time.

“In addition, the frequency of street cleansing has been reduced due to financial pressures as part of an earlier council policy decision. This means that we are unable to carry out the same cleansing standards that were previously in place. Should levels of grit become excessive and be considered dangerous, these would be prioritised.”

Kilmun cemetery gents toilet

Amenity Services response

“The contractor has advised that the tap has been repaired and left in working order.  Unfortunately a similar replacement will be difficult to source so we therefore do not intend to replace.”

 

A resident reported thatScottish Water have had to repair several burst water pipes at Johnson Ave - just in from of Hillside House in the last few months. This has restricted access to these properties and it would seem that the bursts are in the same place.

JH reported that there has been some delay and difficulty in the Shore Sweepers getting weeds etc collected by ABC from the side of the road. This had been working well previously. Alan will find out what is the best way to contact ABC for this.

JH said that the Shore Sweepers are working with Strone Primary on improving our local environment and learning about how to reduce plastic waste etc. The school would like to know how they can find out where our rubbish and recycling goes to locally. Alan agreed to find out how the children could find out more.

Bob Daracott (Loch Lomond Representative)

LLTNP Representative commented:

  - No significant planning applications or planning decisions to report on.

  - Ardentinny Fish Farm proposal - no application submitted as yet. The NP have responded to Dawnfresh regarding the detail required in the Environmental Impact Assessment (which is required to accompany any future application) - work is ongoing regards this matter. The Ardentinny CC and locally based Action Group will continue to liaise with communities along Loch Long.

  - The Balloch West planning application which has received much publicity locally has been withdrawn by the applicant. No decision taken by the NP Board.

  - The NP has participated in a Government Committee discussion about ways and means of improving and better coordinating seasonal/volunteer countryside ranger services across Scotland. It is hope that improved and more consistent services will result, with greater input from Local Authorities, SNH and others.

  - The NP's August camping survey figures are released, showing continued year on year user growth, high level of customer satisfaction and a significant increase in motorhome activity across the park. Details are on the web site. 

  - DN asked about the scope for opening up views across Loch Lomond for motorists travelling the A82. Also whether work could be done at various lay-bys/viewing areas which were becoming overgrown. There was some discussion about this matter - BD will take the issue up with the National Park and report back.'

Forestry and Land Scotland - John Hair (FLS)

Written report received after the meeting

In regards to new Phytophthera outbreaks in the area, I have to report that we were served with four SPHNs (Statutory Plant Health Notices) over the last couple of weeks.

1. Corlarach Forest – another to add to the 30-odd we already have here.

2. Whistlefield – a new one in this area – it’s on the first forest road off the public road from Whistlefield to Ardentinny.

3. Gairletter – on the south side of the glen, about one kilometre up

4. Kilmun Hill – in the middle of the larch above the village, just north east of the water treatment works

These infections will require some fairly extensive felling, so KCC will be contacted soon to provide further information and discuss how best to update the community on the latest position.

Blairmore Village Trust

A joint strategy meeting has been held with Blairmore Hall committee and BVT to explore how they can best work together.

Blairmore Hall

The committee are still working on their constitution. PET testing of electrical equipment in the hall in to be done in late October. The yale lock on the hall door has been changed.

Younger Hall

A recent party at the hall raised £200 for funds.

The Hall committee are going to request funding from ACHA for a shed at the back of the hall which can be used to store gardening equipment.

Strone Primary

As outlined in the Shore Sweepers report, the school are, at present working on a project looking at environment issues in out local community.

KCC agreed to buy yellow rattle seeds to help the school establish a wildflower/meadow area.

Benmore & Kilmun Community Development Trust (BKCDT)

BKCDT recently held their AGM @ Younger Hall

11        CURRENT ISSUES

Argyll Community Planning Group (ACPG)

NTR.

Invereck Closure

To close by the end of the year.

Caucus of Community Councils

NTR

Bird Hide at Kilmun

The committee is just waiting to hear about the transfer from the lawyers. The committee received complementary ferry tickets from western ferries which are to be used in a raffle at a fund realising event. A race night is planned for November to raise funds.

A880 Walkway & Safety Barrier, Pavement Invereck to Cot House

This work will be completed.

Highgate Hall

Meeting of the trustees to be held at the end of the month.

BT Broadband

NTR.

13.       Any other competent business

It was reported that there was water flowing outside Kilmun Court. ABC will send someone out to look at this.

Phone call received about an abandoned vehicle in the lay bye at Kilmun Pier.

GH reported that J Campbell and he had looked at the sycamores growing across from the church. They started to cut some down but as there is a slope there the work is too dangerous.

It was reported again that no progress had been made in having the hole covered in the path going from Westfield down beside The Old School House. JH will chase up the report that was made several months ago to ABC.

Next Meeting

Place: Younger Hall, Kilmun

Date: Tuesday 12th November at 7.30pm.

Meetings held Second Tuesday each month alternating between Younger & Blairmore Halls.

Kilmun Hall – January, March, May, July (Recess) September, November

Blairmore Hall – February, April, June, August, October, December

 

 

                                                                

eplace this with your text

Click for Map
site map | cookie policy | privacy policy | accessibility statement