Dec 2023


Facebook - @shoresweepersandKCC Website - www.kilmuncc.co.uk

12 12h December 2023 @ 7.30PM.
Blairmore Hall Blairmore
Meeting Start -7.30pm

The secretary asked the audience if there were any last-minute items to be added within the
PRESENT; Diane Nicholson (Convenor), Janet Holm (Secretary), Peter Hunter Douglas, Lachie
Macquarie and Kerris Bone and Lindsey Greer
Also Present:), Anne Rodger, Andy Rodger, Malcom Bird, David Brewster, Dave Bonnar, Mark
Borland and Gordon Holm, Bruce Marshall. Councillor Gordon Blair (ABC).
APOLOGIES Mandy Grout, Graham Revill, Cllr. William Sinclair (Rep ABC and LTNP) Graham
Thompson, Jean Thompson Lindsay McKenna (Vice Convenor), Fraser Macdonald (Forestry Land
Scotland), Russell Humphreys (Treasurer), Councillor Y McNeilly (Argyll and Bute Council) and
Eddie McGunnigal (Cowal Police) and Steve Abbott.
This session was recorded for the minutes.
The 14 th November 2023 minutes were:
Proposed: D Nicholson
Seconded: K Bone Carried
Carried forward £3347.37
Expenditure £26.90
Funds In
General fund £1540.53
Gardening and Shore Sweepers. £38.44 + £7.00 + £56.00 =101.44
Festive Lunch £154.47 to Strone Primary
SSE grant £1090.92
Overall total £3317.47
We just in the process of taking the banking account online.

None received.
JH said that she has 30mph stickers to put on the lampposts in the Shore Villages.
None received


The Shore Sweepers / Graham’s Point
Highgate Hall
Email report from Graham Thomson
The David Highgate Hall Trust is going ok, we have sent out grant application forms to
several charities, people still have until the end of January to get the forms and until May to
return them. I will keep you informed of progress
JH said that clubs etc who don’t have charitable status can applying through a local charity.
Tyneshandon/Stables at Dunselma
No Update
Argyll & Bute Council
Council Blair said that he has been off work for the last few weeks, and he is trying to catch up.
Gordon has raised the issue of the flooding during the recent heavy rain with Economic
Development and Infrastructure. A meeting with the head of roads on the question whether FLS and
landowners are doing their part in managing the hills as far as drainage is concerned as ultimately
the water ends up down at the bottom which affects the ABC roads and people’s houses. Following
the death of Paul Farrell, a new roads engineer has now been appointed and Gordon will raise the
point that the roadsides are not being properly maintained as far as the culverts etc are concerned.
If we are going to enter a time of climate issues these need to be addressed. He has a meeting in
January with FLS and the head of roads to see if there is a strategy that can be put in place. The
issue of the debris that is left on the hill after felling is also a fire risk.
On Thursday there is a comprehensive report for the fire and police and Gordon is going to send
copies of these reports to KCC which can be circulated. The issue of traffic management will be
raised with the police, and he will see what these issues are. There was discussion of the feasibility
of a 20-mph speed limit and if the community want a 20mph limit in appropriate places.
JH said that the issue of the water coming off the hill at the ‘hole in the road’ been a problem for
many years but now it has become more urgent and needs to be definitely looked at. It may be
possible to have a site meeting and a request for the residents’ to be made aware of this so that
they can attend. This may be put in place in January next year. DN said that KCC has asked
Councillor Sinclair to look at the state of all the culverts as many of them are very old and some may
have collapsed.
Malcolm Bird suggested a moratorium on felling in this area until these issues get sorted out. It was
mentioned that the felling has been accelerated because of the larch decease.
It was also mentioned about the clarity of view on the roads.
Gordon Blair also said that the issue of poor lighting at Blairmore is being looked at.
Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park Representative
No report.
Forestry and Land Scotland – Fraser MacDonald
Fraser emailed a short report as follows after the meeting.
 Majority of sites are in same position as last report.
 We visited Kilmun Quarry with SEPA and SEPA were content that no major issues
with quarry.
 The Kilmun Hill harvesting site will be completed by end of this year with only timber
haulage remaining. There was an accident on site last Friday resulting in operator


being airlifted off hill with a broken leg after being struck by tree that was being
winched off site.
Strone Primary School and Strone Primary Parent Council
Kerris reported that the current role of the school is 24.
The children were delighted to be asked to sing Christmas songs at the recent community event at
Kilmun Hall on the 8th December, including a couple of songs from their upcoming nativity play. The
event was a great success. Many thanks to Beverley Soltysiak for co-ordinating our involvement and
making us so welcome. The children also raised £62 for school funds from selling natural bird
feeders they had made with the Parent Council.
Thanks also to Kilmun Community Council for a generous donation towards the school's festive
events and to the Shore Kirk who presented each of the children with an advent calendar.
On Wednesday 20th December from 1.30-2.30 the children will host their Christmas Community
Tearoom at Strone Primary School. We would love to welcome lots of people from our community to
share tea, coffee and home baking and to see the children's recent work on display. There will also
be a raffle (and any donations of prizes would be welcome - please email enquiries-strone@argyll-
Younger Hall
Blairmore Hall
NTR. Are going to hold a ceilidh and the hall is being used for the Jingle Bells event. They have a
crowd funding page to raise money to remove the chimney which is causing damp.
Historic Kilmun
They are going to stop opening on Mondays next year.
Highly Protected Marine Areas
Will be kept on the agenda at present.
Clachaig Water
Deferred to next meeting.
SSE power lines Dunoon 132kV Overhead Line rebuild Project.
No update
Bruce gave a short description of ACT and the work they do.
Right of way / Flooding issues
See ABC report.
Defibrillators / Training
JH has contacted Stephen and the electrician, and this is still a work in progress.
GP surgery is trying to raise money to buy a defibrillator Peter will raise this with Steve Abbott.
Bus timetables/Transport Forum


Kerris Bone attended the transport forum on behalf of Kilmun Communty council. From that she said
there was discussion of a move towards the procurement of the linkspan in Dunoon.
In addition, the Clachaig bus service is back.
The children’s use of buses has gone up a lot.
The Saturday night bus. They are suggesting that a time of the bus when it is quieter could be
swapped for a late-night Saturday bus, Kerris to set up a survey on the local facebook page.
Meeting end: 8.20 pm.
Next Meeting
January meeting changed to Tuesday February 13 th @ Blairmore Hall @ 7.30pm
Meetings held Second Tuesday each month alternating between Younger & Blairmore Halls.
Kilmun Hall – January, March, May, July (Recess) September, November
Blairmore Hall – February, April, June, August, October, December

Replace this with your text

Click for Map
sitemap | cookie policy | privacy policy | accessibility statement