Login

KCC Minutes March 17

Re

KILMUN COMMUNITY COUNCIL

MINUTES OF MEETING

14th March   2017 held at Younger Hall, Kilmun 7.30PM.

PRESENT:

Robert Aldam (Convenor), Janet Holm (Secretary), (Treasurer), Graham Revill, Lachlan Macquarie and Brian Tester.

Also Present, Councillor Bruce Marshall (Argyll and Bute Council), David McKenzie (NP), PC Eddie McGunnigal and PC Kamila Jezonckwicz

APOLOGIES: Jim Kirby (Vice Convenor), Russell Humphreys, Kirsty Husband and Lynn O’Keefe and PC Donald MacKay:

2.         DECLARATION OF INTEREST: None

3.         MINUTES OF LAST MEETING:

Proposed:        Brian Tester,

Seconded:       Graham Revill,                        Carried

4.         MATTERS ARISING NOT ON THE AGENDA

None

5.         TREASURER’S REPORT

Carried Forward:         £1300.10

Balance at 14th February 2017 - £1300.10

6.         POLICE REPORT

PC Eddie McGunnigal and PC Kamila Jezonckwicz reported that there had been 16 calls with 3 crime reports. It was commented that speeds on the roads appear to becoming higher. The public were reminded that they could report dangerous/speeding driving to the traffic police with a note of the number plate of the vehicle involved.

7.         Community Matters

 BM gave details of a Spring Fiddle Concert by Cowal Fiddle Workshop as a fundraiser for Blairmore Hall on Sunday 26th March @ 2pm. Tickets £5 which incudes tea and home baking.

SM reported that there had been a presentation of funds raised from the recent Kelpies exhibition @ Cowalfest to 3 charities.

8.         Correspondence

Local Development Plan A&BC

NP Partnership Plan – coming out for consultation for 6 to 8 weeks at the end of April. D Mckenzie recommended that the committee look at this report to make comments. It lists specific actions and priorities that will be taken for communities, also includes comments on marine protection. Action B Tester

NP Area Network meeting on 15th March @Uig Hall

A&BC Survey Review of Scheme – Action J Holm

Advice given that the 40mph limit is to be extended from Sandbank to the Cothouse.

9.         PLANNING APPLICATIONS

Erection of conservatory and raised decked area. Erection of detached garage/store (retrospective). Hope Cottage Gairletter Cottages Blairmore

10.       DISCUSSIONS A&BC LOCAL COUNCILLOR AND NATIONAL PARK REPRESENTATIVE

Councillor Bruce Marshall reported that the pavement at the doctor’s surgery had been flatten and prepared for tarmac in the new financial year.

D McKenzie (National Park) 

National Park

D McKenzie reported that Your Park went into effect on the 1st March.

Benmore & Kilmun Community Development Trust

Meeting 2 weeks ago re development of heritage site.

Grass cutting at Graham’s Point was discussed.

Community Grant changed to give larger grants, which BKCDT received

Blairmore Village Trust

NTR

11.       Matters arising out of Community Action Plan 2013 – 2017

NTR

12.       CURRENT ISSUES

Argyll Community Planning Group (ACPG)

NTR

Caucus of Community Councils

The following issues were discussed at the last meeting:

Struan Lodge – flyer heading changes by Ardentinny & Kilmun CC’s, meeting to be held in Dunoon organised by Save Struan Lodge.  

Graham’s Point Grass cutting – agreed CAUCUS email council and councillors concerning unruly behaviour at recent meeting recommending alterations to standing orders.

Letter KCC received for CEO of A&BC.

DCC and others are creating a Charente to try and emulate the progress that Kilmarnock has done in developing their town. - called Think Dunoon – workshops to be held at the end of March.

A&BC planning enforcement policy.

Cowal and Trossachs Forest District Wind Farm – Bachanburn

This section of the agenda to be renamed Windfarms.

Bachanburn now promoted by Brookfield renewables – not PNE. Public workshop meeting to be held in June at Rothesay and Dunoon. Action - Graham Revill, Lachlan Macquarie

A880 Walkway & Safety Barrier, Pavement Invereck to Cot House

BM stated that money has run out for pavements in A&BC. New budget available in April. A880 pavement has been made safer.

Cemetery Toilets

Waiting for detailed plans for toilet in the car park.

Clachaig Mains Water

G Revill received a reply from R Cunningham Scottish Government. Has been invited to meet chair of working group.

Struan Lodge

Meeting had been organised between Ardintinny and Kilmun. The meeting was criticised for not being clear and that questions were not answered. Since then another meeting has been held in Dunoon. Feedback from SM was that this was a good meeting.

Excessive Delivery Charges in Cowal.

250 signatures received form the petition, not enough to generate a response from government.

Action - B Tester will contact Fergus Ewing MSP for Highland Region.

Grass cutting at Grahams Point

Councillor Marshall outlined the history he has on the ownership of the land at Graham’s Point and the issues that have arisen within A&BC Council meeting recently. Councillor Marshall has organised a public meeting in Younger Hall Kilmun on Friday 31st March at 7.00pm to discuss this matter with the community.

The committee agreed not to pursue a FOI request with A&BC about other areas not owned by A&BC where they cut grass until this meeting had been held.

Kilmory Seminar

See CAUCUS above – Hopefully action will help to improve Dunoon’s position as a vulnerable area.

Archived issues

None

14.       Any other competent business

SM said that the tarmac on the road at the doctor’s surgery was uneven. BM will ask for it to be resurfaced.

Highgate Hall – two trustees of the hall present at the meeting – difficult issue to manage. –Meeting to be organised with the trustees and B Tester and Lachlan Macquarie – will be arranged by email.

Budgetary issues KCC – Treasurer will calculate how much funds KCC has available outside its yearly running costs.

RA informed KCC that the next meeting will be his last and he said that the committee should consider co-opting 2 more members at the AGM to get a full compliment of committee members.

NEXT MEETING

Place: Blairmore Hall, Blairmore

Date: Tuesday April 14th at 7.30pm.

Meetings held Second Tuesday each month alternating between Younger & Blairmore Halls.

place this with your text

Click for Map