Login

Minutes Feb 2018

KILMUN COMMUNITY COUNCIL

MINUTES OF MEETING

13th February 2018 held at Blairmore Hall, Blairmore 7.30PM.

PRESENT:

Brian Tester (Convenor), Russell Humphreys (Treasurer), Janet Holm (Secretary), Diane Nicholson, Kirsty Husband, Lachlan Macquarie and Graham Revill.

Also Present, Councillor A Reid, Victor Sandell (BKCDT) and PC Donald MacKay

APOLOGIES Andy Mullen, Fraser Smith, D Mackenzie (LATNP), Councillor Y McNeilly and Councillor G. Blair.

2.         DECLARATION OF INTEREST: None

3.         MINUTES OF LAST MEETING:

Correction - Councillor A Reid said that the month he wrote to ACHA was November not September.

Proposed:        Lachlan Macquarie

Seconded:       Diane Nicholson                                  Carried

4.         MATTERS ARISING NOT ON THE AGENDA

None

5.         TREASURER’S REPORT

Brought forward

General Fund -                                                £1376.28

Roll over Christmas Fund -                                £200

Gardening Fund -                                              £838.13

SEE Grant –                                                    £5040.00

Total @ 13th February 2018 -             £7454.41

6.         POLICE REPORT

PC Donald MacKay reported that since the last meeting there have been 23 incidents - a number of which pertained to night shooting / lamping for deer.

There were 3 crime reports as a result of these incidents as follows:

1 x Theft of a camera from a squirrel hide @ Benmore Botanical Gardens

1 x Careless Driving on the A880 involving an element of road rage - enquiries ongoing

1 x Dangerous Driving on the A815 @ Loch Eck Lodges - enquiries ongoing.

National Livestock Worrying campaign commenced on the 1st February as per my recent Rural Watch publication. This will run for three months. One male in Strachur has already been reported to the Procurator Fiscal and issued with a Dog Control Notice. I have leaflets, which have been produced by Scottish Natural Heritage for the campaign, which provide information to livestock and dog owners - these will be made available.

Rural Watch continues to grow in affiliation and I continue to stress its importance to Rural Policing, encouraging those who haven't already to sign up.

7          Correspondence

Local Events

Pathways to the future upcoming dates:

Saturday 3rd March, 2pm - 5pm @ Kilmun / Younger Memorial Hall

Saturday 17th March, 2pm - 5pm @ Uig Hall

Cowal Area Network at 7pm on Wednesday 14th February, Uig Hall.

Invitation to help us evaluate the ideas site for the Supporting Communities Fund https://www.argyll-bute.gov.uk/abpb-evaluation

 

Community Council Elections

New applications to the register – If there are any new residents, or those who have moved and not yet updated their details with the Electoral Registration Office would need to do so by 7th February 2018 to stand and/or vote should there be a contest.  The register being used for the election will be the 1st March 2018 register so you will be able to obtain your elector number for your nomination paper on or after this date by calling 01586 555300.

- must be received between 6th March and 4pm on 22nd March 2018

Notices of Poll or Uncontested elections  - will be posted on 5th April 2018

Postal Ballot papers for any contested elections will be issued on 13th April 2018

26th April 2018 – the outgoing community councils will be disbanded on this date and candidates who are not subject to contested elections will be declared elected.  Where elections are contested, there will be a count held on 1st May 2018 with the results expected to be declared later that day.

Inaugural meetings  - Please remember that the inaugural meetings of the newly formed community councils will be organised by the Returning Officer and his staff.  No formal meetings of the existing community council should take place after 25th April 2018 and no formal meetings of the incoming community council may take place until the inaugural meeting has been held and the community council have been formally constituted.  Details of the inaugural meetings will follow.

Letter received from the doctor’s surgery thanking Kilmun and Ardentinny Community Councils and all the community groups, which contributed towards the donation to the Riverbank Equipment Fund.

8 Planning Applications

The following planning applications have been submitted to LLTNP

2017/0361/DET Erection of detached dwelling house with single detached garage Plot 1 Napier Point, Kilmun Approved

9.         Community Matter

Liaison/communication with other local organisations / groups

The collaborative calendar is well up and running and several administers will work to keep it up to date.

The collation of the information for the directory is almost completed and preparing for printing will be the next step.

Inspiring Innellan Newsletter for February received

Defibrillator at Younger Hall Kilmun

10 people are now trained on the use of the defibrillator.

Gardening / environmental improvements from A&BC Funding

A shore clean was undertaken this week.

Preparation is being done for work to begin in earnest when the weather improves.

Grass Cutting Graham’s Point

There appears to be mixed messages about whether ACHA will continue to cut the grass at Graham’s Point in 2018. BT will write to ACHA thanking them for the work done to date and asking for a clarification on this matter. BT

A resident asked about the overgrowth on the roadside across from the tea caddy Houses. BT said that volunteers would look at doing something with this when the weather improves.

 

 

 

 

Minutes

Community matters

G Holm brought information about the Kilmun bird hide to the attention of the

council.  This is below the road near the doctors’ surgery.  It is nominally owned by

Peter Staley and he would like the community to take it over in some form or

another.  It is a corrugated shed, which was originally a boathouse.  It is currently

in poor condition and potentially needs work.

It was agreed that BT, RH,  GH and local bird enthusiast , Alastair McGregor.  would

look at the hide and see what could be done to make it a community and potential

Tourist ass

10.       DISCUSSIONS A&BC LOCAL COUNCILLOR AND NATIONAL PARK REPRESENTATIVE

Argyll and Bute Council Representative Councillor Reid reported that

Council Budget. The Budget meeting is on Thu 22 Feb. The Administration’s intention is to put the Council Tax up by 3%. This is unfortunately necessary to lessen the cuts in service which will have to be made. The social Care budget is going up but there will be some cuts. It is hoped that they will not impact too much on services. Some charges nay also increase.

A880. Rumble strip and white lines where road was re-surfaced. This work will need to wait for warmer, drier weather. A Paterson said that a section of sea wall had fallen down opposite the old Police Station. There was discussion about how the width of the walkway had change when the rumble strip had been repainted. GH to take photos to show these areas and send to A Reid

Pavements. The grant from the Scottish Government includes a ring fenced grant of £119,000 for Cycling, Walking and Safer Streets. Will try to get money from this for the section of footpath between Invereck and Cot House. Also to put a bituminous surface on the section of footway between Kilmun Court and the surgery.

Graham’s Point. ACHA have told Benmore & Kilmun Community Development Trust that they will cut the grass in 2018. Extract from BKCDT’s board minutes, “Because of the concern over which organisation will be cutting the grass at Graham’s Point next year, Berni has contacted ACHA, and spoken with Alasdair MacGregor and Wendy Anderson. The directors were delighted to hear that ACHA have agreed to continue to cut the grass in 2018.”

The residents present agreed that the gritting had been well done in the recent snowy weather. A Reid will pass this comment onto the relevant dept.

There was general discussion about the use of video conferencing for within A&BC. This matter could be raised at the budget.

D McKenzie (National Park) 

National Park

David McKenzie was unable to be present at the meeting. He reported that there is little to report from National Park – things have been quiet. The next major item is a hearing to renew the planning permission for the gold mine at Cononish near Tyndrum. This takes place on 27th February. Next Board meeting is 12th March.

Benmore & Kilmun Community Development Trust (BKCDT)

Victor reported the local Plan household surveys were ready for distribution now.

Blairmore Village Trust (BVT)

GH Reported that there had been correspondence between BVT and the owners of Duart Towers re the problem of a wall collapse onto Hamilton’s Brae.  

Malcolm LeMay has prepared a diagram showing and naming all the houses in Blairmore.  It is planned that a large version of this can be put on a notice board, probably at Blairmore Hall.  This should help with deliveries and people who are looking for named houses.

11.       Community Action Plan 2018 - 2023

This is in progress and a household survey is being done and posters of a precise of what had been achieved in the previous plan is being displayed in the local Halls

12.       CURRENT ISSUES

Argyll Community Planning Group (ACPG)

NTR

Caucus of Community Councils

NTR.

Forestry felling on Kilmun Hill

A considerable amount of felling has been done to date. A local resident reported that there was a lot of debris coming down the streams.

Bird Hide at Kilmun

Russell Humphreys has prepared a discussion document that outlines the objectives and the routes to achieve these in order to take over and rehabilitate the bird hide close the doctor’s in the north side of the Holy Loch.

Concealed entrance at White’s Brae

A mirror appears to have been erected here. There is a request for a concealed entrance sign at this point of the road. Photographs to be sent to Alan Reid. Gordon Holm to take the photos.

State of road round Doctor’s surgery

It was reported that this matter has been rectified.

A880 Walkway & Safety Barrier, Pavement Invereck to Cot House

See Councillor Reid’s report.

Residents described a big pothole in the road near the Old Police House. G Holm to photograph and send to A Reid.

This matter has now been rectified.

Cemetery Toilets

Councillor Reid is till working on this issue.

Highgate Hall

No progress on this at present.

BT Broadband

No further development at present.

Facebook page for KCC and Shore sweepers

Not done at present.

13.       Archived issues

Sewage Works – residents finding it difficult to reverse into their drive.

KCC and Councillor Reid to find out who is the person to contact with any difficulties about the sewage works.

14.       Any other competent business

RH reported that the Strone Inn had held a very successful pub run to Ardentinny and Sandbank.

There was general discussion about a meeting held at Uig Hall re a proposed community buyout of an area of forest at Rashfield.

NEXT MEETING

Place: Younger Hall, Kilmun

Date: Tuesday March 13th at 7.30pm.

Meetings held Second Tuesday each month alternating between Younger & Blairmore Halls.

Click for Map
site map | cookie policy | privacy policy