Login

KCC Minutes August 2018

KILMUN COMMUNITY COUNCIL

Facebook - @shoresweepersandKCC   Website - www.kilmuncc.co.uk

 

MINUTES OF MEETING

14th August 2018 held at Younger Hall, Kilmun 7.30PM.

PRESENT:

Brian Tester (Convenor), Russell Humphreys (Treasurer), Janet Holm (Secretary), Graham Revill, Fraser Smith and Lachlan Macquarie.

Also Present, Councillor A Reid, Councillor G. Blair, Victor Sandall (BKCDT) and Sue Morris (Communities & Visitor Services Manager, Argyll Forest Park).

APOLOGIES, Diane Nicholson (Vice Convenor), Agnes Harvey (BVT), PC Donald MacKay and Councillor Y McNeilly.

2.         DECLARATION OF INTEREST: None

3.         MINUTES OF LAST MEETING:

Proposed:        Russell Humphreys

Seconded:       Brian Tester                            Carried

4.         MATTERS ARISING NOT ON THE AGENDA

None

5.         TREASURER’S REPORT

Brought Forward                                  £6949.69

Expenditure  -

Gardening                                              499.40

     96.00

     28.44

     26.44

     61.75

     50.45

Income

Interest                                                       0.88

A&BC                                                      478.80

Donation for directory                             100.00

Donation to gardening fund                     40.00

Totals

General fund                                       1405.24

Gardening                                             257.72

Festive Lunch                                       200.00

SSE grant                                           4843.97

Directory donations                               100.00

 

Overall total                                       6806.93

POLICE REPORT

PC Donald MacKay was not able to attend meeting. Report, as follows, was emailed.

Since the last meeting in June there have been 28 incidents.

2 Drivers reported for careless driving on the A815 near to Rashfield.

I am in the process of creating a steering group with local NFU Representative, Lucy Sumsion, with the aim to tackle rural crime and provide a community safety partnership. Details to follow but Rural Watch will be utilised as the communications platform.

7          Correspondence

Community Partnership - Save the date! AGM 20 September 2018 - Thursday 20th September at 6pm to be held in the John Muir Suite, at the National Park HQ in Balloch. We will be joined by the Scottish Rural Parliament who will hold a local event at the same time.

Community Partnership - The Gathering - Sat 27 October 2018 - 3 Villages Hall, Arrochar

Consultation process with Scottish Water - Input requested into the consultation process to ensure Scottish Water and the Scottish Government are focussing on the most relevant priorities.  The consultation can be found at

 https://consult.gov.scot/energy-and-climate-change-directorate/water-services-from-2021

Ardtaraig Windfarm proposal

The following has been received.

THE ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT ASSESSMENT (SCOTLAND) REGULATIONS 2011

PROPOSAL:  Erection of wind farm compromising 7 wind turbines with a maximum tip height of 136.5m with associated infrastructure and 4 borrow pits

SITE ADDRESS: Ardtaraig Wind Farm 3.1Km To The East Of Glendaruel And Approx 15Km West Of Dunoon Loch Striven Argyll And Bute

GRID REFERENCE: 204000 684000

Please accept this as a consultation request notification for the above planning application which is accompanied by an Environmental Statement. 

Details at the following link:

http://www.argyll-bute.gov.uk/Planning/lg/GFPlanningDocuments.page?org.apache.shale.dialog.DIALOG_NAME=gfplanningsearch&SDescription=18/01516/PP&Param=lg.Planning&viewdocs=true

 

Please return your observations to Planning and Regulatory Services, 1A Manse Brae, Lochgilphead, PA31 8RD or reply to this email by 6 September 2018

Pathways to the future

The feasibility study that BKCDT commissioned into the potential for a heritage trail in this area is now complete. It is 94 pages long - below is the link to it so that you can read it on line.

 http://bit.ly/ECHOTrailFS

Local Events

Cowal Natural History Society Barbecue - Sunday 19th August @12 noon @Sandbank Car park and Picnic site. Coals provided. Bring your own food

8          Planning Applications

The following planning applications have been submitted to LLTNP

018/0185/HAE -Installation of 2 no. air source heat pumps –Location Oaklea Shore Road Kilmun

2018/0194/HAE - Erection of single storey extension - Rainbows End Blairmore Dunoon - Householder Planning Permission

2018/0209/NOT - Construction of extension (675 metres) to forestry road

Location - Land North West Of Garrachra Glen Massan -Prior approval not required

9.         Community Matters

Liaison/communication with other local organisations / groups

The collaborative calendar is well up and running but does need to be kept up to date. More work will be need on this when we go into the new session for clubs in August /September.

The directory is now out to print and because of generous donations we have been able to print 1000 copies. Volunteers are needed to deliver a free copy to each household in the KCC and ACC catchment area.

Festive Lunch

Before deciding a date we will liaise with Strone Primary School for a suitable date for the children to possibly perform at the lunch.

Defibrillator at Younger Hall Kilmun

A section in the Shore and Glen directory describes the location of the defibrillators we have at present and also the location of public pay phones in our area.

Another defibrillator is to be purchased from the grant from SSE. It will be decided where it will be positioned later. A cross over switch is to be put in place at Younger Hall so that a generator can be linked to the hall’s electricity supply in an emergency.

Extra training in the defibrillator use will be organised.

There was general discussion about signs that could be placed in the road to show the location of defibrillators. Gordon Blair will find out about this and whether it is something that could be brought in across A&BC. Also there is talk of a national register of defibrillators being compiled.

Gardening / environmental improvements from A&BC Funding

At a visit by the Beautiful Scotland assessors the Shore Sweepers received a level 5 outstanding.

Work continues to keep the area clear and a team did some work at Invereck garden to keep it tidy.

3 new tubs have been purchased and will be places on Midge Lane and at the Arboretum sign. Local house owners have agreed to care for them. Another tub is available for use.

Grass Cutting Graham’s Point

Brian Tester said that he is going to organise a meeting between ACHA, KCC and BKCDT to discuss Graham’s Point.

Tt

 

 

BT stated that we were disappointed that no representative from A&BC were able to attend the meeting

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Minutes

Community matters

G Holm brought information about the Kilmun bird hide to the attention of the

council.  This is below the road near the doctors’ surgery.  It is nominally owned by

Peter Staley and he would like the community to take it over in some form or

another.  It is a corrugated shed, which was originally a boathouse.  It is currently

in poor condition and potentially needs work.

It was agreed that BT, RH,  GH and local bird enthusiast , Alastair McGregor.  would

look at the hide and see what could be done to make it a community and potential

Tourist ass

10.       DISCUSSIONS A&BC LOCAL COUNCILLOR AND NATIONAL PARK REPRESENTATIVE

Argyll and Bute Council Representative

Councillor Reid

“Missing wall” opposite the former police house

Roads response, “There was never a wall at this location, just that the scrub has been removed so there is no need for a barrier.”

Windfarm Planning application at Ardtaraig

This has been submitted for 7 turbines and comments can be made in writing or on the Council’s website. Reference number is 18/01516/PP.

Spraying of the roadside edges

Amenity Services response, “Unfortunately due to limited resources we are behind in our weed spraying operations but will endeavour to carry out weed spraying in the area Kilmun during this month (August)”.

Grit on the pavement left over from the winter weather

Roads response, “There will be no grit/salt left over from last years’ winter maintenance as it will have been washed away due to the action of the weather, rainfall etc. As such there is no need to remove this from the footways. If the footways need swept due to general detritus, we can pass this onto Amenity Services for comment.”

New pavement opposite doctors’ surgery

The work is scheduled for September.

Bob Daracott (National Park)

KCC welcomed Bob Daracott to our meeting. He was elected to ward 1 as our representative on the Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park. He said that he had, as yet, no meetings and was to have a period of training with the park.

Benmore & Kilmun Community Development Trust (BKCDT)

Knotweed. Areas of knotweed have been reported. 2 volunteers are allocated to each area – Jim and Emily Blairmore; Moira and Dinah Kilmun; Tom, Morag and Dinah, Eachaig, Massan and Loch Eck.

Heritage Trail Options study has been completed and sent to all directors for comments. There were none. It was noted that the next phase of the project is an application for a further grant to prepare a feasibility study to form the basis of a Heritage grant application to Heritage Lottery fund. Our expression of interest has been accepted and we now have to put together the full grant application. This is due for submission at the beginning of August. Because of the potential economic benefit and impact on tourism in Cowal of this project both Argyll and Bute Council and LLTNP have been very supportive. It is a long-term project, with hopefully initial ‘quick fixes’ within the next 2 years, but the ongoing project probably continuing for 10 years.  The steering group are meeting to progress this.

Graham’s Point. Dinah has contacted HELP to see if they can do work on the willow tunnel.

Blairmore Village Trust (BVT)

NTR. RH raised the issue of the blind summit at Blairmore Garden and that the slow markings on had been removed when the road surface were redone. He said BVT would like to explore the possibility of have a blind summit sign and double yellow lines.

11.       Community Action Plan 2018 - 2023

Although the initial survey has been done this work is paused at present.

12.       CURRENT ISSUES

Argyll Community Planning Group (ACPG)

Meeting at The Timber Pier Dunoon on 14th August. KCC to explore whether we should attend these meetings.

Caucus of Community Councils

NTR

Forestry felling on Kilmun Hill

Sue Morris said that the outbreak of Phytopthora at the Kilmun arboretum had been discovered when the forest estates were flown over with a drone. Samples were taken and 3- 4 weeks ago the outbreak of the disease was confirmed, 100 trees needed to be felled by the end of August just above the car park. The work should start on Friday or Saturday this week. Because of the location of the work none of the trails can be kept open. Notices will be put up forbidding access as the tree felling is dangerous and the public will be stopped from accessing the site. Later mats will be put in place and boots etc. cleaned before going on the trails in this area

The outbreak at Toward involves the Chinese Lake trails.

Bird Hide at Kilmun

R H said that a copy of the deeds had been located but it would appear that the land description wasn’t registered. This issue is being worked is being worked on at present. Russell is going to go ahead and set up a charitable company which will be called Friends of the Riverside Bird Hide.

A880 Walkway & Safety Barrier, Pavement Invereck to Cot House

Already discussed in Alan Reid’s report.

Cemetery Toilets

NTR

Highgate Hall

Quotes are being sought of the cost reinstating the hall.

BT Broadband

NTR. Fraser has no information on Clachaig

13.       Archived issues

None raised. Hospital and Struan Lodge to be taken off agenda.

14.       Any other competent business

Clachaig Water

Graham Revill encouraged everyone to look at the link to Scottish Water consultation as the issues could affect many people

Windfarm

To go on agenda

Sewerage work in Kilmun

Report of a leaning lamppost – resident reporting issue to contact Brian Tester.

5G

Resident asked about 5G mobile provision. This is not envisaged in the near future.

Parking on the pavement

At the present time this is not illegal.

Place: Blairmore Hall, Blairmore

Date: Tuesday 11th September at 7.30pm.

 

Meetings held Second Tuesday each month alternating between Younger & Blairmore Halls.

Replace this with your text

Click for Map
site map | cookie policy | privacy policy