Login

April 17

KILMUN COMMUNITY COUNCIL

MINUTES OF MEETING

11th April  2017 held at Younger Hall, Kilmun 7.30PM.

PRESENT:

Robert Aldam (Convenor), Janet Holm (Secretary), Russell Humphreys, (Treasurer), Graham Revill, Kirsty Husband, Lachlan Macquarie and Brian Tester.

Also Present, Councillor Bruce Marshall (Argyll and Bute Council), David McKenzie (NP)

APOLOGIES: Jim Kirby (Vice Convenor), Lynn O’Keefe (resigned from KCC) and PC Donald MacKay

2.         DECLARATION OF INTEREST: None

3.         MINUTES OF LAST MEETING:

Proposed:        Lachlan Macquarie

Seconded:       Brian Tester.               Carried

4.         MATTERS ARISING NOT ON THE AGENDA

None

5.         TREASURER’S REPORT

Carried Forward:         £1100.26

Balance at 14th February 2017 – £1300.10

6.         POLICE REPORT

PC Donald MacKay not present – no report.

7.         Community Matters

 JH reported that the saplings had been cut down opposite Kilmun church by volunteers from the community

SM said that there were bushes along the shore that were growing to big and blocking vision on the road. BM recommended contacting A&BC roads dept. on 01506 605574 from May onwards after growth was established.

8.         Correspondence

Participatory Budgeting in Argyll and Bute - Invitation to vote on how £15000 of funding is to be spent on helping the growth and strength of Gaelic in the A&B area Deadline 6th may. Visit www.abpb.co.uk to find out more and take part. Link to go on KCC website

National Park Consultation Plan - two copies of the Draft received by RA. Consultation runs from April 10 until July 3. Brian Tester examining this document.

Consultation on Unconventional Oil and Gas - The Scottish Government is currently running a public consultation on unconventional oil and gas in Scotland https://consult.scotland.gov.uk/energy-and-climate-change-directorate/fracking-unconventional-oil-and-gas/. Responses by 31st May

Improving Parking in Scotland Consultation – Scottish Government – How parking is managed across the country - https://consult.scotland.gov.uk/road-policy/improving-parking-in-scotland/user_uploads/improving-parking-in-scotland.pdf  - closes on 30th June 2017

Act Hubs and community councils - Ideas for a project that will enhance tourism and encourage people to enjoy the great outdoors whilst also bringing benefits to your community - Act Hubs is not able to provide direct funding to deliver projects but can help community groups to access funds - www.act-now.org.uk. Complete form and return no later than Wednesday 26th April.

Cashback for Communities – A&B beneficiaries - CashBack for Communities is a Scottish Government programme that uses the cash and assets of criminals to invest in young people living in Scotland through sport, youth work, employability and cultural activities. Since 2008, £92 million seized from criminals has been committed to a wide range of opportunities to young people across Scotland with £649,816 of this coming to Argyll and Bute.  In the 2015-16 financial year, £116,944 was spent in Argyll and Bute on 4,356 activities.  Detailed information about the activity undertaken in Argyll and Bute can be found at http://www.cashbackforcommunities.org/activity-by-local-authority.

Survey of community councillors' information literacy - short online survey on this subject via this link https://survey.napier.ac.uk/n/LILDEM.aspx.

A&BC Survey Review of Scheme –J Holm completed and submitted online survey with feedback from the committee members and residents attending the meeting.

Emergency kit bags – some items will be out of date It is likely to be hand warmers, light sticks, hand wipes and possibly some of the contents in the first aid kit, but please check everything. Check by Wednesday 31st May. R Humphreys will review bag

SCEN Funding- The £285,000 fund is available for non-profit making organisations, community groups and charities working in the SSEN distribution area. Applications up to £20,000 will be accepted until 15 June 2017.  – J Holm to investigate further

9.         PLANNING APPLICATIONS

Formation of forestry track
Land 300M West Of Garrachra - Glen Massan Dunoon

Erection of extension, with associated roof decking and balcony and separate garage  -Inverchapel Cottage Loch Eck Dunoon

10.       DISCUSSIONS A&BC LOCAL COUNCILLOR AND NATIONAL PARK REPRESENTATIVE

Councillor Bruce Marshall report:

Graham’s Point Community Park.

At the public meeting held in Younger Hall Kilmun on 31st March there was 100% support for A&BC to be asked to continue to cut the grass on the Park. The four prospective candidates for the Cowal ward who attended all voiced support with one saying if she was elected and in the ruling administration the issue would be sorted within 100 days. The Council Leader, Dick Walsh, declined to attend, as did the Area chairman along with the Chief Exec. of the Council and Chief Exec. of ACHA. A letter of support was sent from our MSP and one of our list MSPs, also from the CE of ACHA. Area Chairman, Alex MacNaughton did not respond to my request for his support. All present signed a petition, which I took to Cleland Sneddon A&BC CE, last week. He seemed quite interested in the fact that a huge amount of grass being cut in the Cowal area is actually not owned by the Council and I left with him the detail of how much grass is being cut in South Cowal as opposed to the Shore. He finished by saying if there is a political will after the election the Council will set in motion the Clause to take back the land from ACHA.

I have since spoken with Alastair MacGregor, CE of ACHA and he has agreed to cut the grass at GP this coming season.

I took a motion to the Area Committee last week, which was approved by the committee.

KCC agreed to ask for a FOI report to A&BC - re the amount of grass cut by A&BC that was not owned by the Council – J Holm

D McKenzie (National Park) 

National Park

National Park Consultation Plan – there is very little about Cowal in it. D McK advised looking through it carefully and using the opportunity to speak out about issues relevant to this area.

David said that the new convenor of the National Park wanted to visit Cowal. He took him to the beach at Ardentinny and to the Mausoleum at Kilmun Church.

David also said that it was very likely that his house move would go through in the middle of May. After discussion with the National Park, David said that they agreed that he could stay as our representative even although he will be living in Glasgow. KCC committee unanimously agreed that this was fine. David said he would attend meetings in person when possible.

Benmore & Kilmun Community Development Trust

NTR.

Blairmore Village Trust

David McKenzie said that he had a meeting with a Scottish Water representative when different options were discussed that could be possible solutions in the future to the sewage situation in Blairmore. He will keep KCC informed of any developments. GR asked if there would be any possible solutions for Clachaig. D McK will forward on contact details to GR.

11.       Matters arising out of Community Action Plan 2013 – 2017

RA said that there will probably be another plan started this year.

12.       CURRENT ISSUES

Argyll Community Planning Group (ACPG)

NTR.

Caucus of Community Councils

Was meant to be a meeting this month although no news of the date to date.

Windfarms

BM to attend a meeting on Bachanburn wind farm next Monday. GR has a meeting with Fiona Milligan next week on the proposed windfarm near Loch Striven.

A880 Walkway & Safety Barrier, Pavement Invereck to Cot House

NTR.

General discussion about parking on pavements. Brian Tester will look at this.

Cemetery Toilets

NTR.

Clachaig Mains Water

GR met with a representative of Rural Water Provision working Group, which is tasked to decide policy and strategy and to brief Rosanna Cunningham (MSP). The Scottish Government is apparently turning attention to communities that have private supplies of drinking water. When trials are finished the Scottish Government is going to look at what they can do. However, new funding will not be available until 2020. GR said that the meeting was useful. M. Russell (MSP) has also written to R Cunningham to highlight the situation in Clachaig. GR said that there is not much further that he can go with this issue at the moment and that it should be moved to archive on the KCC’s agenda.

Struan Lodge

BM said that there were no new developments. Waiting until June before an announcement is made. There are no changes planned for Dunoon Hospital.

Excessive Delivery Charges in Cowal.

BT says that this item can now be archived.

Grass cutting at Grahams Point

Already discussed – see Councillor Marshall’s report.

However, the grass has been cut by ACHA last week. They have done and superb job and KCC congratulated the grasscutters on the quality of their work.

Kilmory Seminar

RA said this issue could be raised again when there is a new committee.

Broadband

L Macq said that no house that is exchange only could be connected to broadband.

Recent work by Openreach along the Shore is changing old aluminium cable to copper.

Highgate Hall

BT and L Macq to have meeting with trustees tomorrow Wednesday 12th April,

13.       Archived issues

None

14.       Any other competent business

Feral cat collection at Blairmore being done to protect wild cats

BM said that there was a possibility that Area Planning committees would be abolished in A&BC.

NEXT MEETING and AGM

Place: Younger Hall, KIlmun

Date: Tuesday May 9th at 7.30pm.

Meetings held Second Tuesday each month alternating between Younger & Blairmore HallReplace this with your text

Click for Map